THE NINTH DISTRICT
Like America itself, Central Brooklyn is big, beautiful, and diverse. More than two million people live in its neighborhoods, from Flatbush to Park Slope, Crown Heights to Brownsville, Midwood to Sheepshead Bay.
Resources for District Residents
- To learn about the your rights under current rent laws, visit this webpage on NYC.gov.
- If you need help from a mediator in a dispute with your landlord, visit this webpage.
- If you need help fighting eviction, go to New York City's website here.
- For other issues, visit NYC.gov's FAQ page.
- To find out if you're eligible for Medicare or to calculate your premium, visit this calculator.
- To file a claim, appeal, or complaint, visit this webpage.
- For other issues, visit the Medicare.gov FAQ webpage.
- For help with Medicaid, refer to New York State's Medicaid website.
There's a universe of things that families with children could need! For a good place to get started, check out the New York State OTDA's website, which provides access to many helpful resources.