THE NINTH DISTRICT
Like America itself, Central Brooklyn is big, beautiful, and diverse. Nearly a million people live in its neighborhoods, from Flatbush to Park Slope, Crown Heights to Brownsville, Midwood to Sheepshead Bay.
Resources for District Residents
- To learn about the your rights under current rent laws, visit this webpage on NYC.gov.
- If you need help from a mediator in a dispute with your landlord, visit this webpage.
- If you need help fighting eviction, go to New York City's website here.
- For other issues, visit NYC.gov's FAQ page.
- To find out if you're eligible for Medicare or to calculate your premium, visit this calculator.
- To file a claim, appeal, or complaint, visit this webpage.
- For other issues, visit the Medicare.gov FAQ webpage.
- For help with Medicaid, refer to New York State's Medicaid website.
There's a universe of things that families with children could need! For a good place to get started, check out the New York State OTDA's website, which provides access to many helpful resources.